Monday, July 26, 2010

Pooped.

Who knew that being jobless and doing nothing could be so exhausting? The events of the past few days have left me completely pooped. My body is thirsting for sleep, exercise, and a healthy, home-cooked meal.
Over the weekend, one of my best friends from home graciously invited about 20 of our high school friends to her Cape house. One would expect it to be a relaxing weekend: nothing to do but hang out and go to the beach with good friends. But the debauchery of our reunion left me feeling more dehydrated and tired than I have since senior week of college. Never have I consumed so many varieties of chips in such a short amount of time (we seriously bought about 20 bags of chips). On top of that it was donuts for breakfast, and hotdogs, burgers, and mac and cheese for dinner. Add in excessive amounts of beer to soak up all that processed food, and you've got yourself one healthful weekend...Things really haven't changed much since high school, except that now we are all actually legal. I think it is safe to say that everyone had a blast and will have many memories to laugh at from this weekend.
Back to reality today, and I still was not able to get into a normal sleeping or eating pattern. No, today it was off to New York for an interview for yet ANOTHER internship (why can't I just get a REAL job interview already?!). So I was up early to take the train into the city, which was delayed and took over 4 hours, only to get back on the train about 3 hours later to take the same train back home. Besides sitting on my in-much-need-of-a-workout-butt for over 8 hours today, my meals had to be consumed on the road (lunch brought from home, and dinner purchased at Pret-a-manger). Although I am quite a fan of Pret's to-go salads, I was really looking forward to a healthful, homemade meal after my weekend of sodium-chemical-toxic overload.
So here I am after 4 days of doing nothing but sitting on trains, lying on a beach, and excessive eating/drinking. I am so wiped out that I couldn't come up with anything else to write about besides complain about how badly I am in need of sleep, good food, and a good sweat. Tomorrow I fully intend to recover from my weekend of doing nothing by doing, well...nothing.

1 comment:

  1. Funny! You can make nothing interesting to read about! Good job!

    ReplyDelete