Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Day 1

As a recent college grad hoping to break into the journalism biz, the number one thing I've heard over and over again through countless "informational interviews" (and actual, although obviously unsuccessful, job interviews) is "WRITE, WRITE, WRITE!" Write for the local newspaper, freelance, tweet, start a blog, just write as much as possible. Sure, I keep a journal, have a Twitter account, and follow various blogs, but I have yet to get my own writing, my own words out there, somewhere.
So, here it goes. No more procrastination. No more laziness. No more excuses. My first blog!
This is going to be a sort of day-by-day experiment. Not only do I want to get my writing out there, but also learn the process of what it takes to write something EVERYDAY. So while I hope my content and writing will be interesting, this blog will also be about what goes into keeping a blog--what makes something fascinating to me and how to make this thought-provoking to other people.
Day 1. Food 4 Thought. Let's get hungry!

1 comment:

  1. Yah Cara!! Glad you bit the bullet! Keep writing! I'll keep reading!

    ReplyDelete